Squint - Strabismus - FAQS

Q. What can I do if I think my child has a squint?
A. Get your child’s eyes checked by your Plunket Nurse, Public Health Nurse or GP or contact us at Eye Specialists for a consultation.
If you or your child have a Community Services card you may be eligible for a government subsidy which may cover the costs of this consultation

Q. What is the treatment for squint?
A. Treatment depends on the type of squint and may include spectacles, patching, eyedrops, surgery or any combination of these. What is right for one child is not necessarily right for the next. We can advise you on the best treatment options for you or your child.